Behavioural Consultation & Advice At Folly Gardens
Registered Veterinary Nurse Zoe Hockley RVN, has an ESVPS Certificate in Animal Behaviour and an Advanced Diploma in Canine Management.
Zoe has helped pets and their owners with a great number of behavioural problems including:
- Separation Anxiety
- General anxiety
- General lack of owner control/training
- Aggression towards people/other animals
- Noise phobias, such as fireworks
- Neutering advice – some male dogs may be unsuitable candidate for castration
- Compulsive behaviours – barking, traffic, chasing issues etc
- Inappropriate urination
- Multi-cat household issues
Our behavioural consultations are £65 for an hour session and will be held at our Bishops Cleeve clinic; we advise bringing a note pad and pen to make notes of recommendations. Further consultations to review the progress are charged at £30, for up to 30 minutes. Zoe works closely alongside our Veterinary surgeons, as sometimes behaviour issues can have a medical component too. We will support you and your pet long term, and any unusually severe issues can be referred to a qualified behaviourist to visit you at home.
Training Support Nurse Clinics
These nurse clinics are available to offer advice and support at a very reasonable price of £21. These sessions will last approximately 15 minutes, and in occasional circumstances your pet may require a full behavioural work up if the problem is not improving.
- The usual puppy troubles! Toilet training, play biting etc
- Coprophagia (the eating of faeces)
- Recall problems
- Jumping up
- Pulling on the lead
Behavioural consultations can often be claimed back through all good pet insurers. We do recommend a pre-authorisation form is completed prior to your consultation.
Over 30 years of caring for our clients pets’ well-being