Folly Gardens Veterinary Clinic acknowledge that our operations influence the environment and have identified our key environmental aspects that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas, water, and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
We are proud that Folly Gardens are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- Implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- Minimising unsustainable transport use
- Take part in One Health sustainability project with our staff
- Working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Environment (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Megan Archer is our Sustainability Champion and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day Folly Gardens Veterinary Clinic will make this policy available when requested to interested parties including members of the public, including making a copy available on the Folly Gardens website.
Name: Megan Archer
Position: Environment Lead
Name: Brad Cooper
Position: Clinical Director