Zoe Hockley RVN, our visiting Pet behaviourist can support you and your pet in times of trouble
Behavioural Consultation & Advice At Folly Gardens
Registered Veterinary Nurse Zoe Hockley RVN, has undertaken an additional qualification in behaviour therapy for dogs and cats. Zoe has helped pets and their owners with a great number of behavioural problems including:
- Separation Anxiety
- General anxiety
- General lack of owner control/training
- Aggression towards people/other animals
- Noise phobias, such as fireworks
- Neutering advice – some male dogs may be unsuitable candidate for castration
- Compulsive behaviours – barking, traffic, chasing issues etc
- Inappropriate urination
- Multicat household issues
Our behavioural consults are £65 for an hour session, which includes a full written report and recommended plan of. Further consultations to review the progress are charged at £30, usually lasting up to 30 minutes. Zoe works closely alongside our Veterinary surgeons, as sometimes behaviour issue can have a medical component too. We will support you and your pet long term, and any unusually severe issues can be referred to a member of the APBC to visit you at home.
Training Support Nurse Clinics
These nurse clinics are available to offer advice and support at a very reasonable price of £10. These sessions will last approximately 15 minutes, and in occasional circumstances your pet may require a full behavioural work up if the problem is not improving.
- The usual puppy troubles! Toilet training, play biting etc
- Copraphagia (the eating of faeces)
- Recall problems
- Jumping up
- Pulling on the lead
Behavioural consultations can often be claimed back through all good pet insurers. We do recommend a pre-authorisation form is completed prior to your consultation.